Monday, September 24, 2007

Celebration of Life
















At Mace's preschool, they have something called a "Celebration of Life," instead of just a birthday party. The teacher has candles representing the sun and the years of the child's life. She has the months of the year as sun rays if you will. The child walks around the circle while a story of his life (Mama and Mace did this together) is read aloud. At the end, the child blows out the candles. Mace really enjoyed this as it was the first time I stayed at school with him (Lex and I were there for the ceremony and cupcakes afterward). I really enjoyed "writing" the story together. Pretty cool thing, if you ask me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great way to celebrate the kids' birthdays. I'd like to read what you and Mace wrote about is life some time. He sure looks happy in these pics.
love,

Melissa S said...

now that was kind of cool hugh???