Thursday, August 23, 2007

Honeymoon's Over, Grocery SHopping, and other Thursday events

Okay, so the honeymoon period of a new school year is OVER for Mace. He started part-time preschool last week, and both Monday and today, he didn't want to go to school. He cried on the way there, and cried when I left, but when I picked him up, he was contently listening to a story being read aloud; just the beginning of the joys of schooling I suppose!

And while Mace was at school, Lex and I did the dreaded grocery shopping. When I was a young adult, I SWORE that I would not do the type of grocery shopping my mom did when I was little (buying huge amounts all at once). But the distance to the grocery store and finances have dictated, that I have once again become my mom. I don't know who i feel worse for during these excursions: the store employees, Lex, me, the other shoppers; let's just say that at least I'm happy it's done!

What will I do without a "Think You Can Dance" results show tonight???

And that's a wrap for the day folks...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I know how to navigate the "blog", but I guess I'll just try. Your blog is great! I love the background wallpaper, the photos are terrific...when/who took the the photo of you, I like it. Maybe grocery shopping will be a little easier with only one kid. One day you will saying, "where are those boys to help carry these groceries?" You think you get a load of groceries now, wait until they are teenagers.
love, mom aka grandma

Anonymous said...

Lex and Mace are soo big!! It makes me feel old :( I am glad to see that you are being a blogger and everything is going well.. :D P.S Mace's Diego lunch box rocks! :D - Emma