Sunday, March 23, 2008

When it Comes to Cakes....





I have decided that when it comes to cakes I am definitely an ideas person: I have great ideas for fun cakes, but they always turn out looking so BAD!!!

Case in point, after the boys went to bed last night, I tried to make an Easter Egg cake. Of course I had not mold, but figured if I cut it carefully, everything would be fine. Well, I did cut it carefully into an egg shape, but when I went to put the frosting on, well disaster struck!!!! The cake started falling apart, so I had to use my fingers to try to keep it together with the frosting acting as a sort of glue. Needless to say, I made a mess in the kitchen, and my egg looks more like a big pile of something :)

Oh well, better luck next time!

P.S. Even though it looked terrible, it was mighty tasty!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, I bet that the kids really thought the egg cake was the best ever! good pics, thanks G&G mowers.

Anonymous said...

Taste is what matters...and the effort in making something special for your family.
love, mom